Cammenga G.I. Special Tritium Lensatic Compass
The Cammenga G.I. Special Tritium Lensatic Compass is shock, water and sand proof, and functional from -50ºF to +150ºF. Seven Tritium Micro Lights allow for navigation in low-light conditions.
- Shock, Water And Sand Proof Compass
- Works In Extreme Weather Conditions From -50ºF To +150ºF
- Seven Tritium Micro Lights Allow For Navigation In Low-Light Conditions
- Magnifying Lens
- Sight Wire
- Dial Graduations In Degrees And Mils
- Copper Induction
- Durable Aluminium Frame
- Carrying Pouch With Belt Clip
For Ranger School, you are required to bring one compass. I'd recommend you bring two. I brought two, because I'd heard horror stories of people that lost their compass while on land nav and got dropped.
For Sapper Leader Course, you are required to bring two compasses.
Try to get this from your unit because these aren't cheap. If you do have to buy yourself a compass we recommend you get a tritium lensatic compass, and not one that has phosphorescent strips in it. You have to "charge" those with your white light and that will only slow you down on land nav and patrols.