TRU-SPEC Hot Weather OCP Uniform Coat (IHWCU)
OFFICIALLY LICENSED SCORPION OCP UNIFORM
The TRU-SPEC® Hot Weather Scorpion OCP Combat Uniform is designed to allow the wearer a cooler uniform in extremely hot environments. Designed to be cooler and breathe better than the standard-issue combat uniform. Constructed from CORDURA® NYCO Extreme Rip-Stop that is 17% lighter while displaying 3x higher tearing strength, 10x the breathability and drying 35% faster than US Mil-Spec MIL-DTL-44436B NYCO fabric. Uniforms in the fabric are currently selected and fielded as the US Army Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform.;
- CORDURA® NYCO Extreme 5.0-6.0 oz. main body wrinkle-free finish fabric
- Fold-down collar with fusible interlining
- Single-breasted, 6-button concealed front placket
- Front placket with loop tape for rank patch
- Front loop tape to accommodate Name and US Army Tape
- 2- bellow style top opening upper sleeve pockets with drain-holes
- 'Friend or Foe' Identification tab on sleeves with hook and loop closure
- IFF tab cover on the sleeve above the upper sleeve pocket
- 330D CORDURA® MIL-DTL-32439 Type IV nylon reinforced elbow patches
- Button cuff sleeve closure with 3-button hole positions
- 2-channel pencil pocket on the left sleeve
CORDURA® NYCO Extreme Rip-Stop Compared to the US Mil-Spec MIL-DTL-44436B, CLASS 11 for NYCO fabric
- 57% T420 high tenacity nylon / 43% cotton Rip-Stop is 17% lighter
- Up to 3x higher tearing strength
- Up to 10x more breathable
- Up to 35% faster drying time
*Currently selected and fielded for US Army Improved Hot Weather Combat Uniform
For Ranger School, you are required to bring six OCP Coats and have the option to bring two additional coats. I rarely needed all six because everyone is filthy and too tired to care.
For Sapper Leader Course, you are required to bring six OCP Coats.
For Airborne, you are required to bring four.
For SFAS, you are required to bring four OCP Coats with white engineer tape sewn above the chest pocket, in place of the nametape and on the pocket flap of each shoulder pocket. The engineer tape should be the width of the nametape and pockets. You can find examples of what this looks like online. The Uniforms we sell do not come with the engineer tape sewn on, but we can have it done for you for an additional charge.
If you have tops that aren't in great condition, but are serviceable, I'd bring those.