For Ranger School, you are required to bring two pairs of silk bottoms. This is a critical item that will be grounds for dismissal from the course if missing during the layout.
For Sapper Leader Course, you are required to bring one pair of silk bottoms.
For SFAS, this is a mandatory item for October 15 - April 15 selection courses and you are required to bring one pair.
The silks and the waffles will be your best friend at these types of courses, despite what time of the year you go. You're going to be moving all afternoon and into the night. You'll be very sweaty and when you stop in your patrol base (if you're lucky), these will be your protector from the cold. Rothco Gen III Level I Underwear Bottoms are part of ECWCS (Extended Cold Weather Clothing System) which provides extra warmth in cold climates.
- AR 670-1 Coyote Brown
- Level 1 Of The ECWCS
- Silk Weight Underwear Bottoms Are 100% Polyester And Wick Away Moisture
- Anti-Microbial Properties Help Protect Against Bacteria
- Anti-Odor Prevents Bad Odors
- Features An Elastic Waistband And Access Fly
- Pairs With Rothco's Gen III Level I Silk Weight Top