For Ranger School, a pocket knife and multi-tool (Leatherman Type Tool) are optional items. I recommend you bring both. The pocket knife will come in handy when opening MREs and cutting 550 cord. The multi-tool will come in handy when untying 550 cord and tightening down BFAs.
For Sapper Leader Course, you are required to bring a pocket knife and you have the option to bring a multi-tool (Leatherman Type Tool). I recommend you bring both.
For SFAS, this is an optional item that you should definitely bring. You are only allowed to bring a pocket knife or a multi-tool. Lucky for you, we have a combination Pocket Knife Multi Tool available here.
For all the courses above the blade on your pocket knife must be less than four inches. I do not recommend bringing your $150 high-speed pocket knife or multi-tool. Even if you tie it down to your belt, which you should, it's still very likely you're going to lose it when your stumbling through the brush at night on one MRE and two hours of sleep. Bring a knife or multi-tool that you won't mind losing.
Pocket Knife Multi Tool
- 3 Inch Half Serrated Blade
- Stainless Steel Components
- Durable Plastic Handle
- 1 Phillips Head And Flathead Screwdriver
- Bottle Opener
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Can Opener
- Sheath With Belt Loop For Easy Carrying
- The Top Of The Multi-Tool Includes 2 Pliers (Needle Nose And Regular Pliers) And Wire Cutters
- Serrated Saw Blade, Philips And Flathead Screwdrivers, And A Straight Edge Blade On One Side
- Bottle Opener / Can Opener, A Large Flat Screwdriver, An Awl, And A Nail File On The Opposite Side
- Push Buttons Unlock Tools To Put Away After Use
- The Multi-Purpose Tool Can Easily Lock Shut
- Comes With A Carry Pouch And Belt Loop For Everyday Carry
- Heavyweight Design Is Made Of Polyester, Plastic, Aluminum And Stainless Steel
Assisted Opening Folding Knife
- Assisted Opening Folding Knife features 420A stainless steel blade and a lightweight and rugged G10 handle.
- Stainless steel blade measures 3 1/8” while the knife measures 7 3/4” overall.
- The tactical folding knife also features a 2.5” pocket clip, a finger groove in the handle, and a 3mm drop point blade.
- This assisted opening knife opens with ease, so it will always be ready as fast as you are.
Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS Folding Knife
- This Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops knife is a folding knife ideal for camping, hunting or survival situations.
- The partially serrated knife (40%) features a comfortable to hold black aluminum handle and stainless pocket clip.
Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS Rescue Knife
- The Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS Rescue Knife (SWFR2S) is an ideal tool for law enforcement and EMS personnel.
- The knife features a combo edge blade, seat belt cutter, window punch glass breaker, locking blade pocket with a clip.
Smith & Wesson Oasis Folding Knife
- The Smith & Wesson Oasis Folding Knife has a 3.2 inch blade and is 7.5 inches open.
- The knife is black titanium coated 7cr17 High Carbon Stainless Steel.
- The handle is also a high carbon titanium stainless steel with liner lock and a pocket clip for easy transport.